“The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
RSS

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Memories Anyone? I found the coolest thing!


My young adult novel, The Memory Box, centers around sixteen-year old, Cassie Harris, and her love of collecting memories.

The other day, while strolling through Target, I found these really cool journals called SMASH books from K&Company.  And I know my main character, Cassie, would absolutely ADORE these.

I'll give you a video to show you what they're all about...



So...can you see how more organized and creative Cassie could have been if she had a few of these?  Rather than an old wooden box?  Oh the possibilities!

Each colored book has a different theme (travel, city/industrial, romantic, flowers, etc). There are small, medium, and large books. And there are a bunch of accessories. These are just a few:







Anyway, I resisted buying one for myself, (only because I don't have the time right now to put it together), but I bought one for my daughter and am letting her start her own memory box/book.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!

0 comments: