“The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
RSS

Monday, January 7, 2013

7,000th Day of Love

Today, January 7th, marks the 7,000th day that I’ve loved my husband. Which basically means, he’s aggravated the crap out of me at least 7,000 times. Probably made me cry 7,000 tears of frustration (mostly because I’m a big cry baby). But has also said I'm sorry 14,000 times, has said "I love you" at least 21,000 times, has kissed me more than 70,000 times, and has made me laugh well over 100,000.

I've enjoyed every second of those 7,000 days with him (that's 604,800,000 seconds). Even when he holds me down and tickles me so bad that I pray for a third hand to scratch his eyeballs out. Or when he puts on scary masks and jumps out of closets. Or when he puts me in wrestling moves where my face is in my ass and tells me to get out of it. He makes me crazy. Drives me insane. But also melts my heart and still gives me butterflies after all these years. I’m not saying it’s easy, but if you really love someone, with your whole heart and soul, it's not so hard either.

I love you babe! Here’s to 7,000 more.

0 comments: