“The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
RSS

Sunday, October 9, 2011

What do you want from me?

I had two concerns when deciding to create this blog.

First, I had to figure out how to make one.  There were three problems with that.

              1)      My knowledge of blogs.  Besides reading them. 
                    Uh, zilch.

2)      My blogger budget.  To hire a professional.
                  I checked my account balance:  zilch + zilch = zilch squared.

3)  What about very helpful and generous computer savvy friends? 
                 I scoured through my phonebook for hours, searching from A to Z. 
                When I got to Z,  I found one.  One friend.  His name?  Mr. Zilch.

It was all up to me to figure out how this whole crazy blogger thing works.  The blog itself wasn’t hard to set up.  You plug in your information and it formats all your data into neat little boxes.  It’s when you want customized layouts and formatting that you’ll feel like this:




name brand sunglasses

So, after a whole bunch of research and a lot of trial and error, I finally got it to where I want it, I think.


 

Then I felt like this:

funny animated gif


I’m still learning.  But all in all, I think it turned out really cute. 
*smiles proudly*

My second concern was content. 

How do I want to present myself to the internet universe?  What do I want to say?  What will you want from me?

More research.  More trial and error.  (This is harder than it looks people)  My back is still broken from all the break dancing.

In research, I discovered some writers talk about the craft.  Some writers advertise their books or upcoming projects.  And then some talk about their children and pets, including their husbands. 

I may want to talk about all of that...or none of that.  Who knows?  Can’t this be a what-floats-my-boat kind of blog?  *checks header*  That's right.  This is my blog.

So, that’s it.  My first executive decision.  I want to float my boat. 

And in that decision, you should do the same.  We could float boats together.  It'll be fun.
 
Ooh, this blog is like therapy.  I always feel so much better after we talk.

Have a great week everyone!


0 comments: