“The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
RSS

Monday, October 3, 2011

Passion vs Addiction


So...Here I am.  *Steps out from behind internet curtain*  *Taps keyboard*  Am I on?

Eyes gaze back at me from behind the glow of their screens.  Legs shuffle in discomfort.  A woman in the back throws me a sympathetic :)   

*Sweats*  Geesh!  This is awkward!  I’m glad I took Oral Communications in college.  It is so helping right now.

*Breathes*  So…Hi…*fidgets*…I’m Sarah and I’m an addict. 

“Hi Sarah,” they say in unison.

"My drug of choice is words.  I love to write."

The crowd nods in understanding, compassion dozes in their eyes. 
                                                                           
If the first step in the twelve step program is admitting you’re powerless over your addiction, then I surrender. 

*Sits back down*

This is just a quick hello for now.  I will be back for the next session.  I have so much more to talk about.  I promise we will be great friends. 
*Hugs screen goodbye*

0 comments: